Visitor Book

Here’s what our guests say about us. If you’ve recently stayed with us you can leave your own comment.

1. Sophie says:

Dear Stefano and Lyndsey,
    I stayed in your hotel a little more then 10 years ago, and I still recommend your amazing place to all my friends. It was the best hotel I stayed in during my tour of New-Zealand, because of your warm and welcoming personality, as well as the lovely historical house. You decorated it beautifully and I felt very cosy.
    I had such a wonderful and happy time that my heart still jumps with joy and laughter at the souvenir of my stay. Great hotel, fabulous landscape and hikes, wonderful swim at the rock pools, lots of very enjoyable surprises (animals, games, funny romantic dinner on the loan, etc), and delicious pizzas !!!!! Thank you again to both of you, for your kindness and good hearts. I will definitely come back during a future stay in NZ and look very much forwards to it.
    A bientôt :o) Sophie

2. Sophie Hufer says:

Such an amazing, clean and pretty hostel. Lovely couple to take care of their guests.
    Thank you so much for having me, that was definitely the best hostel and stay during my trip so far. ❤️

3. Lucie & Lukas says:

The magic place that appeared out o the blue in an hour of our great need (a little scary night when we had been turned down by two holiday parks that were full, a third one that looked like from a horror story and a fourth that existed only in our map, but not in reality) and turned out to be a super welcoming luxurious treat we could not have possibly dreamed of!

We are definitely coming again, this time knowing what to aim for. We wish to properly enjoy all the comforts it has to offer including Stefano’s fantastic Italian cuisine, and explore the surroundings more. And definitely recommend this to our near and dear ones.

Thank you so much!

4. Raik and Matthias says:

Hey guys!

We will come back in March 2017 for the third time :-D

It is like coming home again. Great hostel, tasty italian food, friendly, funny family and lovely animals like Kune Kune pigs. :-D

Cheers
    Raik and Matthias
    Halle (Saale), Germany

5. Carl Wigren says:

Awesome place to stay in NZ. Keep up the great work!

6. Daniel Hawes says:

I stayed a couple of nights with a friend in February of 2014. Without a doubt the most welcoming, friendly and warm hearted ”hostel” I have visited anywhere in the world. It feels like you are staying at Aunty’s house, not a hostel. It’s a refreshing change to not be surrounded by people who have travelled half way across the world to get drunk in a club but instead, spend time with people who have a genuine interest in seeing the true beauty of the country they have put so much effort into visiting.

Lindsey and Stefano are friendly and welcoming. As soon as we walked into the place, Stefano was eager to have us fed and caffined before showing us his incredibly speedy pet that he keeps on the property (you gotta go too see it).

Other than that, do the dukes nose hike and don’t wimp out at the end. You can do it, I believe in you and the views are at the end are breathtaking.

Cheers Stefano and Lindsey,

Hope to see you again next year!

7. Christian & Olga says:

Hello Lindsey and Stefano!
    We have been in Febr. 1993 in your famos hostel!! It was soooooo nice, and today I search your website on google. We were a group with one swiss-couple (Esther & Beat), David (sticy datel pudding) from England and other people in your house… you remember?? We will come back …. Olga&Chris

8. Oriano Zanarini, Angela Lippolis ( Bologna ) (In acqua al tempo di "Prada") says:

Siete sempre tra i nostri più cari ricordi ; ovunque siamo stati o andremo ancora, ci conforta sempre la speranza di poter incontrare altri un poco come Voi.

Please leave a comment